About Me

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

So, I didn't get around to following up on Lostariel's tagging, and now I've been tagged by Heather!
So I'll do Lostariel's first, and in a few days I'll do Heather's :D


The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
6. Have fun!


Eleven fun facts about myself:
1. I am the eldest of ten children.
2. I watched the BBC version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe long before I ever knew it was based on a book.
3. The first 'big books' I ever read were The Little House on the Prairie series, when I was seven.
4. I have three brothers and six sisters.
5. I acted in a film version of Prince Caspian several years ago, as a Dryad.
6. I memorized all of Psalm 91 mostly by accident.
7. My nickname is Lala (pronounced 'Lah lah') and my name is pronounced 'Lar-uh', not Lor-uh.
8. I'm teaching myself the violin.
9. I have two cats (Sprite and Charkey) and two dogs (Tornado and Twister).
10. I rode a restored, late 19th century sidesaddle for a wedding carriage when I was 13.
11. I can catch a football, but I can't throw it evenly.


Answers to the questions of the blogger who tagged me
1. If you were a jar, what would you be filled with? Hmmm, interesting question. Probably... a cinnamon apple scented candle. The best smell in the world, in my humble opinion. Especially in the fall and winter.
2. What is your favorite version of your favorite fairy tale? (My definition of fairy tale is not only Grimms, btdubs.) This is a tough one, since I haven't read any alternate versions of fairy tales that I can remember. I really like The Master Thief, from one of Andrew Lang's colored fairy books (the Blue one, I think). It's a riot.
3. What song are you most likely to burst into when you're alone? Endearing Young Charms, or The Minstrel Boy, or My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose. Either of those three, or all three, one right after the other.
4. How do you react when people photograph you? I don't really like being photographed, unless I'm in it with at least one other person. Which has resulted in not many pictures of me in the last few years. I get annoyed if someone tries to take a picture of me without asking me.
5. If you could change either your name or an aspect of your appearance, what would you do? (Include the changed name/aspect.) I don't know. I'm generally pretty happy with how I look, and I think (in my not-so-humble-opinion) that I have a really pretty name :)
6. What do you think is the best death scene in a children's movie? Aslan's death (and, of course, subsequent resurrection). No question about it.
7. A hawt vampire is stalking you! How do you react? How do you kill a vampire? *quickly researches* Ah, yes. I would react by throwing garlic in its face. If that didn't work, I think I would scream and run. Especially, especially if it sparkled in the sunlight.
8. Dr. Seuss or Jim Henson? I despise Dr. Seuss books, and I despise the Muppets, so... can I skip them both?
9. Finish this sentence: 'If I ran Disneyland...' I would turn it into Narnialand. It would have Cair Paravel, the Professor's house, the Wood between the worlds, and other things. The entrances to Narnialand would be wardrobes that you would have to walk through. There would also be people dressed as all the canon Narnia characters, and all sorts of interactive fun stuff. It would be great!
10. What is your favorite book to read aloud? Narnia, hands down. When I'm reading it, I'll sometimes randomly read a few sentences out loud to whoever is nearby.
11. Who is your favorite villain? Does Gollum count?


Create eleven new questions for the bloggers I'm going to tag
1. How many states have you lived in?
2. What was the first genre you ever wrote in?
3. Who is your favorite movie character?
4. If you could fall into a book and experience what actually happens in it, which book would it be?
5. John Dowland or Antonio Vivaldi?
6. What was the most heart-wrenching scene you ever read? Ever wrote?
7. Which villain would you least like to meet up with in real life?
8. Which email provider do you use?
9. Would you rather be stranded in the desert or in the Antarctic?
10. Are you most creative at night or in the morning?
11. What is your favorite book of the Bible, the one that you tend to read more than any other?


The Bloggers that I tag
Hmm, this might be a tad tough. Most of the bloggers that I know are already tagged, some more than once. So...
Amy

Aubrey
Lee Duigon


I have a few more, but I'll tag them on my next post. Tata!

5 comments:

  1. Aha! I can pronounce your name properly and confirm that it is indeed very pretty. :)
    6. Ditto on "subsequent resurrection." My favorite death scenes in ANY movies are usually followed by resurrections...
    9. I forgive you for 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *is honored to have been tagged* Alas, I don't post these chain-letter thingies on my blog. However, I figured I could answer your 11 questions here, and at least have a little fun that way. :D

    1. How many states have you lived in? 4

    2. What was the first genre you ever wrote in? My first "real" story was sci-fi, although years before that I remember writing a fantasy story for school.

    3. Who is your favorite movie character? Wall-E!

    4. If you could fall into a book and experience what actually happens in it, which book would it be? Hmm... City of Ember, perhaps?

    5. John Dowland or Antonio Vivaldi? Never heard of Dowland until today, so...

    6. What was the most heart-wrenching scene you ever read? Ever wrote? Read? Probably something in Angel Fall by Coleman Luck. Wrote? I could never decide, although it's probably something in Peter's Angel.

    7. Which villain would you least like to meet up with in real life? Edward from Twilight. Wait, what do you mean he's not a villain?

    8. Which email provider do you use? Gmail all the way!

    9. Would you rather be stranded in the desert or in the Antarctic? I'd rather be cold than hot, so...

    10. Are you most creative at night or in the morning? Night.

    11. What is your favorite book of the Bible, the one that you tend to read more than any other? Jeremiah, possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only a very dim idea of anything that goes on involving computers, but I'll take a crack at answering the questions.
    1. I've lived in New Jersey all my life, except for one year in Michigan.
    2. Like just about everybody else, my first writing was science fiction--a novel (in composition notebooks) called "The Apes of Grath."
    3. My favorite movie character? Gee, I dunno, there are so many... Sherlock Holmes, for one.
    4. "The Wind in the Willows," hands down!
    5. Dowland or Vivaldi? Are they wrestlers? I've always been a Bruno Sammartino guy, myself.
    6. Doubtless the most heart-wrenching thing I have ever read, or ever will read, was a news headline: "Obama Elected." But it would be wrong to let anyone but my loyal readers (the few, the proud) decide what was the most heart-wrenching thing I ever wrote.
    7. The villain I would least like to meet in real life is Bill Maher, with Nancy Pelosi a close second. Sorry, but the real villains (if they are real) scare me, or cheese me off, much more than the ones in fiction.
    8. Not sure... verizon, I think
    9. Desert or Antarctic? Now that's a really silly question! It's bad enough being stranded in New Jersey.
    10. The afternoon, actually
    11. Favorite book of the Bible? Well, there you have me. If I say Proverbs, I will immediately think, "But what about Isaiah? Psalms? I Samuel? The Gospels? Hebrews? I Corinthians?" And so on. The riches of the Bible are inexhaustible, and perpetually new. (I was even on a Habakkuk tear for a while.) Every book of the Holy Scripture has its own delights.
    Now, in case I can't figure out how to work anything else on this page, I am signing off as Lee Duigon (really).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for ignoring this tag. I've been laid up with a bad shoulder for... forever, feels like. (it's finally oding better) Fun meme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I didn't know your name was pronounced that way....now I am going to have to change the way I think it!:P You've got some interesting facts too! :D *Acting in a filmed version of Prince Caspian....* Niiiicceee!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete