About Me

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Music and NaNoWriMo

I have a confession to make:
I started NaNoWriMo, and I'm not going to finish it. It is lots of fun, but I decided I have something that is of higher priority. "Well," you might say. "What is of higher priority than losing your mind and writing like crazy for a whole month?"
Well, I'm working on a book called Red Sea Rising. I want to enter it next year in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, and last year it was in February. That gives me about 3 and a half months, andd it's only just over 18,000 words right now, and it has to be at least 50 k. Not only that, but it will have to be edited extensively when it's finished. And, an interesting thing to note: Red Sea Rising is what has come of last year's NaNo. I didn't win, but I did have a good story idea, and it hasn't left me. I will be sending out beta readings of it when it's done, so let me know if you would like me to send it to chapter by chapter for critiquing, and I'll decide whether to accept or decline.


Also, just a quick note:
There's one of those music players at the bottom of this blog (the very bottom, I believe). It doesn't start playing automatically, for some reason, but it's got some really great music on it :)
Enjoy!

Edit: I've removed the music player, as it seems to do no good. I never even remember that it's there :)
~The Authoress

No comments:

Post a Comment